Friday 23 March 2012

Artist Research

Andrew Wyeth


I chose to use Andrew Wyeth as one of the artists who have really inspired my because I really like how he used neutral colours in his work, I found that this allowed him to create incredibly tense atmosopheres within his work which allows the viewer to be drawn into it. I have included Historical events for his era of work which shows us what he was influenced by whilst creating his masterpieces.

Anselm Kiefer

The second artist I chose to research was Anselm Kiefer. I really like his work as you can see that he has really expressed his emotion and thoughts through his work. Again, Kiefer uses dark, dreary colours in his work, often portraying death, this technique reflects on how he was brought up after the Second World War. Again, I have included Historical events which would have effected his upbringing and would have had major impacts on his life.

David Hockney

The third artist I chose to research was David Hockey. I chose Hockney because his work is the complete opposite from Kiefer and Wyeth's works. He uses bold, bright, vibrant colours which, in my opinion gives the images a childish simplicity and place them into a whole league of their own. I have included information of how Hockney started out, and then gradually moved into working with the Apple iPad and the 'App' called 'Brushes'.

No comments:

Post a Comment